It is not that long ago that I do the blogger and I’m still a noob because I still have much to learn. So I wanted to make a small guide for those starting now and want some tips or for those who already have experience and want to compare their experiences.
Ps: sorry if my English is not perfect.
- The blog is yours and nobody else, then you have total freedom on it, don’t get a job because first of all is one thing you have to like it, otherwise it just stresses you out.
- Be Organized, starting from the inventory tries to separate the things that come to you so you know where you’ve blogged and what has not. (my inventory is a perennial disaster as far as he organizes :D) It will be much easier then to see if you miss some articles.
- Don’t expect free items from the designers just because you’re a blogger.You can find many quality items without spending a linden, and even here it should be your ability to be blogger. Ability to combine everything with style and classirrespective of its source.
- If you can discuss what you are wearing is very pleasant to read a brief staff on opignon clothes you are wearing. (I personally do not write much but I try to explain why I did that combination what has inspired me and so on).
- Create your own style, you are not a copy of anyone. Often we see very similar to each other blog with maybe the same skin and the same clothes. Avoided even if maybe the style you like, be careful to only use it as inspiration. Nobody likes to see a blog that is a copy of another especially the creators.
- Observe around, is very useful to look around to follow the feeds of other blogger perhaps especially the ones you like. Register in groups of bloggers and talk talk talk. It may sound stupid but to deal with others helps to mature very own style in published articles. Never think that you have reached the maximum you can improve more.
- Use social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Plurk. Surely increase your popularity even without use of feeds.
- Be reached, dedicated a part with details about you and how to contact you even if it is possible to send you review copies.
- Don’t stress the designer with NC to send you copies. A notecard is more than enough if you do not answer obviously is not interested. Do not ask if you have received your NC because it clearly says in the chat when you receive it.
- Always read the profiles of the creators often find everything you need to know. If it don’t release copies or have a full group is useless to send notecard.
- Create your own NC where you tell about your blog, don’t dwell too much and get to the point, that is: the link of your blog / blogs where you work, your flickr, and if you feed. If you want to receive copies or be part of the group of bloggers be specific.
- Always put the credits of the creators who do you blog, even those of the poses, possibly with links back to the main store. And when you make a post link directly to the designer, it’s always nice to seeing blogged , and creators in the future are enticed to send other copies to you.
- There is not always the possibility to receive copies, but not necessarily need to receive it. If you have a little money you can buy a easily accessory for that you need to complete the look. Is a great way to help your favorite designers and SL economy.
- Respect,remember that designers are people so be friendly and nice when you contact. Even if you’re a famous blogger, and you are contacted by an unknown designers try to show the same respect for anyone.
I hope to have listed many things as possible or at least those that came to mind. Underlying add some utilities such ‘as how best to organize your inventory.
The first impression is very important, as all parts of the blog template is the framework of what we create. A bad frame could ruin a whole work is then treated like the rest.
- Maintain a standard picture for every post you make. Make it more smooth and balanced while you browse the blog. Try not to use images that deform the template, so not too big.
- Do not use colors that make too much contrast with the text, the long weary eyes and just want to close the blog.
- Keep a clean and neat layout which is easy to navigate even at first glance. Avoid using too many widgets are annoying and distract from what is the target, the post.
- Use legible fonts, because customized ones tired a lot the eye although they are very pretty sight. Cute = Unreadable.
- Don’t use glitter or anything else that may bother the view as a BG too flashy.
The heart of the blog and your work, here you see your style and passion for what you do. is the calling card of a blogger. Must be cured, attractive, original, but especially must show the items.
- Take good pictures, is the essential thing. An object is of excellent quality but maybe when the photographers in the wrong way could be horrible. In short,well done with great photos also enhanced the article that you wear.
- Use your imagination for the background image, I change often trying to get one that show the quality of the avatar photographed. Again, you must have your own style, add shots or close-ups of accesories or just the whole figure. Played at the end is a a lot fun.
- Don’t change too much the picture, you can adjust it to improve it in small details, but don’t make radical changes because at that point the items shown are not the originals and give a different picture of the product, indeed deformed.
How to make high quality photo? It does not take much, a little patience and some settings right. They can do all of those who also have a PC with limited features. Merely adding an anti-aliasing setting that eliminates the rough edges.🙂
I link some article done by experienced bloggers in this regard.
- Taking High Quality Photographs
- Photography Composition
- Taking high-res blog snapshots for intermediate users
- Photography Preparation
I want to thank first of all before me who created the wonderful and useful tutorial which I link in this post.
– http://www.harlowheslop.com – Harlow Heslop
– http://lunajubilee.com – Luna Jubilee
– http://strawberrysingh.com – Strawberry Singh
– http://blog.ohmai.net – Anya Ohmai